Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Goin' to the Mud Bog's



Over the weekend I was suppose to ride the four wheelers with a couple of friends, but that changed on Saturday when I was driving to Starbucks, I saw a sign about the mud bogs that night. I love going to the mud bogs, which are a lot of fun and exciting. When I drove past the sign I couldn’t believe I forgot about it.

My whole day changed, I was wearing a skirt and heels, there was no way I was going to be able to walk in the lose sand in heels. I went to pay-less and bought sneakers, I went to Wal-Mart and bought jeans and a shirt. Killed time and waited till 4:30, not to mention I forgot to go to Starbucks and get my coffee.   

Turns out when I go to events like that I eat a lot and I do mean a lot. While I was there I ate a pickle, brisket sandwich, ½ bag of chips, 12 mini donuts and 2 cokes. That’s a lot of food, I usually don’t eat that much, I was like a fat kid. Finally at 6:30ish they started doing the racing, I was so happy sitting there listening to the announcer getting everything ready to let the first car go through the mud pit.


(At the starting line)
 
Watching the cars and trucks go through are a lot of fun and the announcer that does it is hilarious. I like seeing the trucks get stuck then needing the backhoe to get them out. Another thing is, it is a good place for the family, and the kids have a blast being there and watching the cars. It does get pretty loud, but, oh well the excitement kicks in and you forget what your ears are. 

(Being pulled out)

(Broken down and smoking)

No comments:

Post a Comment