Thursday, January 1, 2015

Target Beauty Box




The Target® beauty box was the first beauty box I bought. I always thought they were some sort of scam, it didn't make sense that you can get a $25 value of beauty products for only $5, even though it is a sampler box with free shipping.  So, I decided to try the one from Target, to try out.


My first reaction was shock, the box was a really nice sturdy cute box. Weird, but it’s the little things. What was in the box, was another shocked. There was a total of 6 items included in the box.

SoapBox Argan Oil Shampoo
First if you don’t know anything about Argan OilIt comes from a tree in Morocco, and they press the kernels into oil, and the oil acts as a moisturizer. I have always heard so many wonderful things about Argan Oil and have used it plenty of times prior, and one of the best parts is it does not dry hair out, it is a very vegan and a natural oil. You don't want to be putting products in your hair that contains sulfa, that just makes your hair worse.
​This is a sample size of 2 oz. but even after the first use can feel the difference, from other shampoos. The smell of the shampoo is great, it is a very relaxing smell. The brand SoapBox is a great brand, they donate soap, water and vitamins to children in need to numerous countries when a product is purchased. Now to me that is a great cause.


Skinfix Hand Repair Cream
This sample is a only 1 oz. but you can get a lot of uses out of 1 oz. even just for your ha nds. This product is great for this winter season. Your hands get dried out from walking into the cold, going into a warm area, then with general use. Unless you are lathering your hands constantly with lotion, this really just requires one use, and lasts all day. This product contains natural ingredients and is fragrance free.
I work with a lot of paper all day and my hands unfortunately get dry very fast, I love this and will definitely buy. It’s not oily so I can go right back to work after applying, and it does not smell and feels great.



                                  Burt’s Bees Facial Wipes
Who hasn’t tried any product from Burt’s Bees? I personally love all of their products due to them being natural and not containing anything bad for your skin. Your skin is your biggest organ and you need to take care of it. These wipes clean your face, remove all makeup and dirt, and all the nasty stuff that gets on your face, which causes breakouts. This sampler pack contained 10 wipes and that can go 10 days.

These wipes that came are the facial cleansing towelettes and white tea extract. The white tea extract is definitely where the smell comes from. The smell is very relaxing and not overwhelming at all.



SheaMoisture Coconut Hibiscus Smoothie
This product is for thick and curly hair. I do not have curly hair, mine is flat as flat hair ca n be, but it is thick. This made my hair feel so soft and shiny, not an oily shiny but a nice beautiful shine. My favorite part. The smell, it is coconut and hibiscus, wow, the smell is not overpowering, very light but suddal. I can describe it as tropical. I recommend this for girls who have thick hair, and curly, how it made my hair look, curly would look awesome. Also, for girls who have regular medium and thin hair, try it, it is truly amazing.
 This product came in a 3.2 oz bottle and does not require a lot. This itself is definitely worth the $5 alone.



  Acure Organics Facial Scrub
I love facial scrubs, they do so much, they remove dead skin and clean pores. I use a facial scrub everyday. This was kinda scared me when I opened it, primarily because it was a dark green. I looked into it and it is made from sea kelp and French green clay which is where the color comes from, it also has other natural ingredients. This made me feel relieved, now knowing there was no artificial colors or ingredients, including argan oil. This came in a 1 oz. bottle, and when using on the face and neck it requires about a pea size amount, so with everyday use, you can get a good month out of this 1 oz. bottle.
I have dry skin, due to living in dry climate. After using I could feel the moisture going into my skin. Even after working all day, my face was still so soft. With being made of argan oil, it does not dry your face, like most face scrubs, that removes all moisture. Now, if you are worried about the smell of kelp and clay, you don’t have to worry it smells like argan oil. The nice lovely smell. This product also helps improve cell growth in your skin which is great for helping prevent wrinkles and old looking skin.


Borghese Facial Scrub
This is a exfoliate facial scrub came as a 1 oz. bottle. This bottle did not look fancy, just plain Jane bottle, which I know that means it is going to be good. After trying a couple times, I started to notice a change in my face, just feeling was soft and it looked brighter and better circulation. Just like a facial scrub it removes the dead skin, dirt and excess makeup.
Out of these two facial scrubs that came in this beauty box, they are both amazing. The smell of this one if a very nice light natural smell, it was not heavy. This product was light and required less, and it did surely go a long way. I love it and love the feeling of the scrub on your face.



As a final thought regarding this beauty box, I love it and I am now looking into retrieving more. It was definitely worth $5.

**Tip:  When searching for a facial scrub do not get one that is heavy and contains alcohol. Find a natural scrub (such as above), and one that feels light. They will clog your pores if they are heavy and contain various types of soaps.**


No comments:

Post a Comment