Thursday, August 29, 2013

Meeting people in the least expedited places


Something I have noticed in the last few years is how people do not socialize as much anymore, the only people I have seen talking to strangers is the older people. I used to be one of those people, I would not talk to anyone I did not know, I have always been this way. I ride the train every day to work and when people sit with me they insist on talking to me. I have also seen it with people around my age, they don’t want to talk to anyone, only their friends.

My brother is a social butterfly he will start talking to anyone, about anything. He told me to start doing, he actually lectured me. So I did start talking to people, I became more open. I was not expecting to meet such nice and interesting people, and I have also learned so much. It was like I was hiding in a bubble all this time.

Now I go into a store and can spark up a conversation with someone and I feel great because I’m not shy anymore. I have a feeling humans are just going to be like the people in wall-e, virtually talking to friends and family, no face to face contact.  So whenever you step out your door always be optimistic and be open to other people, you never know who you are going to meet or what you could learn. Heck you could end up meeting the one you are going to marry.

No comments:

Post a Comment