Saturday, August 24, 2013

Work Picnic and Great Bosses

I work for a law firm in downtown Albuquerque (New Mexico), and I realized yesterday that I have wonderful bosses and work with great people. In August of 2011 they took all the employees and their families water rafting in Taos, New Mexico, then put everyone in a hotel in Santa Fe for one night, they paid for everything, drinks, food and a secretary and myself both got massages. They also do Christmas dinners every year and take everyone to lunch frequently.I have been job searching for a while to see if I can find something closer to where I live and where I would get benefits and higher pay.

Yesterday they did a Firm Family Picnic where we brought our spouse/guest and children. As I sat there watching everyone mingle, talk, laughing and smiling. I realized that I don't want to find a new job. I get the benefits of having great people to work with, but the people I work with and are more like family than co-workers. Yes our bosses treat us like workers when there is a strict deadline, but any other times than that, they treat us like family. They are very generous and compassionate people and I am now very grateful I work with amazing people, rather than just a company who doesn't care for their employees. Also, I broke my bosses horseshoe while playing and he wasn't mad at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment