Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Starbucks to expensive?

Hello my name is Theresa, and umm, I'm an a Starbucks addict.

I find myself at Starbucks a lot, just because it is the closest place to get coffee by my office (right across the street). But I noticed when I go there I end up spending $5.00 - $7.00 on a cup of coffee.  My usual is a "Venti Cafe Vanilla Frappuccino with an Extra Scoop of Vanilla Bean or a Venti Mocha Latte." Those both are expensive drinks, but they are so good, and look extremely tasty.



I do not think that a "Frappuccino" or "Latte" is worth $7.00. You drink 3/4 of the "Frappuccino" then the rest is ice and foam and yuck! The "Latte" is not worth $5.00 due to the reason they don't fill the cup all the way, and then if it gets cold, you can't put it in the microwave it tastes funky.

The one thing that is great about going into Starbucks is the samples. You don't have to pay and if you don't like it then it just leaves a bad taste in your mouth and not your wallet. As I write this, I took a break and went to Starbucks, they had samples of chocolate chip cookies. Yummy! The cookie was, very, very good.  



But why do we keep going back and spending that amount of money there? Because the first half of the drink is like sex on the beach (as my friend puts it), and it's convenient. As working people we like something good during the day and convenient.

I bought a refill cup and started going in the mornings and it is only $1.07 for a cup of coffee. That is a lot better than paying up the whoo hoo for a cup of coffee. But it’s just not the same, it’s just Plain Jane coffee, I don’t think it tastes as good at all, unless you load it up with sugar and creamer.   

No comments:

Post a Comment