Monday, August 26, 2013

Live Music and Shots of Tequila



Live music, if it’s a big super star concert or a local band playing it will always get your blood pumping and make you have a good night.

I have never gone to a bar to watch live music, but on Friday night my mom called me and told me to come. So I went and thought this is going to be boring, I’m only going to be there for less than an hour. I did not know it was going to be one of the best nights of my life.

When my boyfriend and I got there, my mom, dad and uncle were sitting at a table in front watching the band play. We sat down and turns out two guys in the band were buying my mom shots (my dad did not mind). The band was playing a variety of music which I enjoy the most. Not covering one band or one genre, they played everything. I started getting thirsty and opened a tab under my mom’s name because I didn’t bring any money.  So I ordered a 57’ Chevy, wow those are so good. We then continued listening to music, drinking and having a great time. The band started dedicating all their Tequila songs to my mom, which was pretty awesome.

The band had a new song and turns out it was my mom and dad’s 25th anniversary song. I never remember seeing my mom and dad dance when I was little, but tonight they did and I had a tear in my eye. Then, when they were finishing up they played a song (I cannot remember the song) and everyone got up and danced which was a great moment. 

(Mom and Dad dancing)
 
At the end of the night my boyfriend had four beers, I had four 57’ Chevy’s and my lovely mother had eleven shots of tequila. Luckily we had two designated drivers with us. I am glad I decided to go, live music is just fun, and something I noticed is, it made a stronger bond between my mom and me.

Next time I am asked to go somewhere or do something, I’m not going to be negative about it, I’m going to do it and make the best out of everything. This experience really opened my eyes to what I have been missing for so long.

No comments:

Post a Comment