Monday, October 21, 2013

Halloween for Cheap

Halloween is a fun holiday. You get to dress up, eat candy and act like children. It’s also great for kids to mostly for the same reason. Decorating for the holiday can get pretty expensive. I was at Wal-Mart looking at the decorations and glancing at the prices, needless to say I didn’t buy anything. I do not have a big yard or house anyways. I wanted to be cheap, because I am saving to buy a house (I hate renting).

So my plan b to get decorations was dollar tree, where everything is a dollar and dollar general.  You have to be careful though, you can end up spending too much. Yes, the decorations aren’t as good as the ones from Wal-Mart but you are only going to have them up for a couple weeks anyways.

My grave was my most expensive purchase, tombstone, black roses and a fence. All purchased at dollar tree, the final price with some digging in the dirt and using a shovel $12. The fence snap together and stand a foot high and each piece is 2 feet long, the tombstone has 2 stakes at the bottom you stick into the ground and the black roses were just for a hint of death. Beware of Zombies sign, 2 ½ feet long and bought at dollar tree, it came with a string to hang up wherever you want.
 My witch, ghost, Dracula and flying witch. The Witch, Dracula and Ghost I got a dollar general, they were $1 a piece. The Witch on the broom was so cute I had to get her, she was bought at dollar tree, for of course $1. The little pumpkin light up, they were $1 each at dollar tree, I saw them at Wal-Mart for $1.50 which I bought 4 so that saved me $2 for the same thing. My reapers, I bought these guys at dollar general for $1 each. I have them hanging in my bedroom.




My in-door décor, I bought two scary cloths at dollar general for a $1 each and put them on my book shelf and TV stand. The scary cups and candy bowl I bought at dollar tree for $1 each. The black cat my grandmother gave to me because I feel in love with it, the pumpkin and black hat same. The pig pumpkin I got at work for free. The fall decoration, I bought at dollar tree and the whole get up cost me $6.




My headboard, I have an ugly head board and I wanted to do something nice to it, my dad gave me lights, at dollar tree I bought some black roses, a vase and filled the vase with little clear and red stone from Dollar Tree.   










 My coffin, my dad and boyfriend built the coffin from scrap wood. We stuffed an old batman costume full of plastic bags and newspaper and put an old mask on its head. The cob webs, they were only $1 and I put them all over the rose bushes,


(Last Year)
Handing out candy, I don’t have kids to take them trick-or-treating so I dress up and hand out candy. What am I going to be? I went to the thrift store and found an army costume for women, I am going to wear that, I paid $3 for it, not too shabby for a one night dress up. My boyfriend is going to wear his costume from last year when we were both zombies.


No comments:

Post a Comment